Monday, May 10, 2010

Hey there, just wanted to stay in touch. Not that I think anyone really actually reads this. But I guess knowing that makes me feel a little more free to write. lol
Yesterday was Mother's Day. It was hard, but I made it through. I miss my mom and to think that she was not around on her special day was so very sad. Although I can not even imagine the great time she is now having up in Heaven. I am so glad I know where she is, but it still makes me sad to think she is not here. I loved her so much and I think about the times we spent having fun and sometimes not having fun. lol Mom and I did not always agree and well sometimes not even get along about things. But I hope (and know) that she knew how much I loved her. She had a different way about doing things and thinking about things, but I guess in a way that is what made her who she was. People did not understand her, and I guess at times I did not either. But she was always there for everyone. I remember her always wanting to show her support when someone was going through a rough time. And there were times that it was not easy doing it but that is who she was. She would help in anyway she could. I wish I was more like her in that way. She did not care what others thought of her, she did what she felt was the right thing to do, regardless! And I know even if she did not agree with how I may do things, she would always be there for me. I have always been closer to my dad, but now that I look back I think I was closer with my mom in another way. Don't know if that makes sense, but that is the way I feel. I just wish I had more time with her, but I am glad for the time I did have. Please do all you can, no matter the difficulties, to spend time with those you love. And make sure they know how much you care.

1 comments:

Misty said...

Hey Becky,
Just wanted to let you know that I think about you and your family alot and continue to pray for you all. I know it must be terribly hard without your Mom. Knowing she's in a better place does not mean you don't miss her here. Keep trusting God to get you through. I don't comment much, but I really enjoy keeping up with you on FB and here. Take care of yourself.